- This event has passed.
Personal Project Portfolio Workshop Miami
March 27, 2016 @ 10:00 am - March 28, 2016 @ 4:00 pm$249
UPDATE: This workshop has been rescheduled for March 2016. Details to follow!
Join me for a two-day workshop learning the soul of turning a personal project into a new portfolio. I will provide a series of lectures, shooting demonstrations from natural light to multiple-light set ups, hands-on shooting, and group discussions focusing on learning new and creative skills that can essentially be used in building your own style and brand.
With both male and female models, I will also share with you my intimate and introspective approach of directing people in a portrait session, the etiquette of working with your model, and how learning to shoot under pressure is an essential tool in your photography toolbox.
In this full-day workshop, you will leave with a strong approach to photographing both men and women, the skills to lead and work with a team, and will leave with a series of images to use in your portfolio.
I am limiting the class to only 10 attendees for an intimate classroom setting to ensure one-on-one coaching with each individual person throughout the day. Register at http://lrae.it/PPPWorkshop.
Date: Saturday and Sunday, October 10-11, 2015
Time: 10:00am – 4:00pm
Full Workshop Price: $249
KCC Members Price: $229
Limit of 10 Participants
Skill Level: Everyone
Hosted by: Kendall Camera Club
Venue Location: Suniland Park, 12855 South Dixie Highway, Pinecrest, FL 33156 United States
Two days of workshop participation, Saturday and Sunday, October 10-11, 2015.
Catered lunch, snacks, and beverages.
In addition, there will be a non-hosted Wrap-Party at the end of day two (location TBA).
DAY 1 SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
10:00 – 11:00:Introductions and lecture on Building a New Portfolio with a Personal Project
11:00 – 12:30: Directing and Etiquette in natural light demonstration followed by attendee’s hands-on shooting
12:30 – 1:30: Lunch (Provided)
1:30 – 3:00: Adding Lights for a portrait demonstration followed by attendee’s hands-on shooting
3:00 – 4:00: Q&A
DAY 2 SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
10:00 – 11:00: Post-Processing demonstration
11:00 – 12:30: Shooting Under Pressure Demonstration followed by attendee’s hands-on shooting
12:30 – 1:30: Lunch (Provided)
1:30 – 3:00: Shooting with a Team for a large group portrait with attendees as the hands-on team members
3:00 – 3:30: Presenting Your Personal Project lecture
3:30 – 4:00: Q&A, Final Thoughts
4:30 – 6:00: Wrap-Party Cocktail Hour (non-hosted) location TBA
- What to bring: Camera, lenses, memory cards, card reader, and laptop (with Lightroom and Photoshop)
- Links to my gear and software at: https://photosister.com/gear-list
- Where to stay: For out of town attendees, the event is in South Miami, approximately 25-minutes from – – – – – – Miami-International Airport and 40-minutes from South Beach. Near the event:
- Miami Dadeland Hotel | 7600 N Kendall Dr, Miami, FL 33156 | (305) 595-6000
- Miami Marriott Dadeland | 9090 S Dadeland Blvd, Miami, FL 33156 | (305) 670-1035
- Quality Inn South | 14501 S. Dixie Hwy, Miami, FL 33176 | (305) 251-2000
- Parking/transportation: It’s best to have a car when visiting Miami because there are a lot see and do here.
- There is free parking available at Suniland Park.
- Registration: http://lrae.it/PPPWorkshop
- Who to contact with any additional questions: larae at laraelobdell dot com.
- Tickets: Please bring a printed ticket to the event.
- Transferring: If you are unable to attend, you may pass along your ticket to a friend as long as they have the printed ticket.
- Refund Policy: Full refunds within 2 weeks of the event. If you cannot make it to the event, the ticket may be transferred to another event within the same year.
A NOTE FROM LARAE:
Thank you very much for taking the time to inquire about my workshop!
As I look back and pull knowledge from my history for my clients, I’m reminded of how my personal journey and life experience has contributed to an incredible repertoire of knowledge I have to share with an artist such as yourself.
From working in a law firm in charge of all administration, associate, and shareholder billables and reports at the age of 16; serving coffee at Starbucks for five years offering caffeine, communication, and personal therapy at times; to international destination wedding and family photography providing memories captured and treasured in print in albums and national magazines; director of a community art walk connecting artists, businesses, and consumers on a monthly basis; marketing and social media networking for BlackRapid traveling the world meeting photographers and camera companies worldwide and bringing them together; providing theatre artists of Seattle the photography and social media marketing that changed the visual landscape of Seattle theatre; and finally hosting CreativeLive talking on camera while connecting a global audience to industry leaders on a live platform; each job and position has given me real-world experience, lessons, and insights to bringing together art, business, and people.
For nearly two decades, I’ve accumulated 60,000 hours of practice in personal/event/commercial/event photography, have hosted 21 photography and mixed media art exhibits and projects of distinction, curated 15 exhibits including international museums of indigenous focus, produced more than 13 large-scale events, had live-on-camera focus while hosting large corporate global educational programs, and directed one of the largest monthly art walks in Seattle, WA.
I look at all that information and know my experience has been focused on supporting and being a part of successful creative startup businesses. But I also look at my own repertoire and see that my own journey has just begun. My next movement is to help others succeed in their artistry.
You are an artist. Do what you love and get paid for it. I am here for you and will help you along your journey.
It’s your turn and now is the time to make life happen. Let’s do this.